Have you ever wondered why you should study German? Or thought about how to convince your family that German is the right choice? Then this will be of interest for you!
Here you find the 10 reasons to study German as presented by the official Goethe Institut!
- Business ⇒ Knowing the language of your German business partners improves your relations and therefore your chances for effective communication and success.
- The global career ⇒ Knowledge of German increases your job opportunities with German and foreign companies in your own country and abroad. Proficiency in German helps you to function productively for an employer with global business connections.
- Tourism and hospitality industry ⇒ Tourists from German-speaking countries travel wide and far, and are the world’s biggest spenders when on holiday. They appreciate to be looked after by German-speaking staff and tour guides.
- Science and Research ⇒ German is the second most commonly used scientific language. Germany is the third largest contributor to research and development and offers research fellowships to scientists from abroad.
- Communication ⇒ Developments in media, information and communication technology require multilingual communicators. A wide range of important websites are in German and worldwide, Germany is ranked number 5 in terms of annual publication of new books. Knowledge of German therefore offers you extended access to information. [Wikipedia, 2014]
- Cultural understanding ⇒ Learning German provides you with an insight into the way of life, and the hopes and dreams of people in German speaking countries, broadening your horizon.
- Travel ⇒ Make the most of your travels not only in German-speaking countries, but in many other European countries where German is widely spoken, especially in Eastern Europe.
- Enjoyment of literature, music, art and philosophy ⇒ German is the language of Goethe, Kafka, Mozart, Bach and Beethoven. Indulge in reading and/or listening to their works in their original language.
- Opportunities to study/work in Germany ⇒ Germany awards a generous number of scholarships and other support to study in Germany. Working holiday visas are available for young foreigners from a range of countries, and special visas are offered to skilled workers and professionals.
- Opportunities for exchange ⇒ A wide range of exchange programs exists for both school and university students between Germany and many countries in the world.
(as seen on: https://www.goethe.de/en/spr/wdl.html 05/01/2016)
You have other reasons, ideas and dreams? We would be more than happy to know about your personal opinion! Get in touch and tell us about your reasons to study German!